Last Updated on October 17, 2020 by Jerry Miculek
Pistols, rifles, Glocks, guns, revolvers, or any other firearm, they require maintenance. The dangerous weapons are prone to get contaminated with the dirt, oil, moisture. It is impossible to keep the gun away from these external elements.
When for an extended period, the gun is not cleaned, with the contamination, the firearm starts reacting to the elements. It can result in rust and degradation of the firearm. It will hamper the performance of the gun and will be risky as well to use.
So, it is imperative to clean the gun after every use, if not possible, then every few days is a must. Now, the overall construction of any firearm is pretty complicated. One needs special tools to clean the inside of the arm.
For that, one must spend on the best gun cleaning kit available in the market. There is a variety of gun cleaning kit at a range of prices, both affordable and expensive.
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Gun Cleaning Kit
- Reviews of the Best Gun Cleaning Kit
- 1. Otis Technology The Otis Elite
- 2. GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit
- 3. Hoppe’s Universal Gun Cleaning Accessory Kit
- 4. Hoppe’s No. 9 Cleaning Kit
- 5. Real Avid Gun Boss Handgun Cleaning Kit
- 6. New Hoppe’s 9 Rifle Cleaning Kit
- 7. Allen Company Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit
- 8. DAC Winchester Soft Sided Gun Care Case
- 9. Hoppe’s No. 9 Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit
- 10. Hoppe’s BoreSnake Rifle Cleaning Kit
- Final Thoughts
Quick Answer – Gun Cleaning Kit
1. OTIS TECHNOLOGY THE OTIS ELITE
2. GLORYFIRE UNIVERSAL GUN CLEANING KIT
3. HOPPE’S UNIVERSAL GUN CLEANING ACCESSORY KIT
4. HOPPE’S NO. 9 CLEANING KIT
5. REAL AVID GUN BOSS HANDGUN CLEANING KIT
6. NEW HOPPE’S 9 RIFLE CLEANING KIT
7. ALLEN COMPANY ULTIMATE GUN CLEANING KIT
8. DAC WINCHESTER SOFT SIDED GUN CARE CASE
9. HOPPE’S NO. 9 DELUXE GUN CLEANING KIT
10. HOPPE’S BORESNAKE RIFLE CLEANING KIT
Reviews of the Best Gun Cleaning Kit
Cleaning kit for firearms is available in a considerable number. However, finding the best ones is what we need to do. After assessing quite a bit, we are now going to make a list on the best gun cleaning kit. We are going to review all of them in details.
To decide which one is the best, we have considered a few factors. Among those few factors, the first one was the quality and durability of the tools and supplies. The versatility in the size of the brushes and other cleaning tools is another deciding factor.
In our list, we also included both compact and big cleaning kits so that you can buy the tool kit depending on the requirement. So, without further delay, let us commence our review.
1. Otis Technology The Otis Elite
Otis Technology has created a perfect kit for cleaning different types of firearms. It is made in the USA and also comes with a soft nylon pack case. The case is super helpful in organizing all the tools of the kit.
It also includes little airtight containers to store the bronze brushes. Elastic loops conveniently hold the airtight containers without creating a mess inside the bag.
A set of 16 bronze bore brushes with size marked on brush stem, six different lengths of aircraft grade memory-flex cables for Breech-to-Muzzle cleaning, three slotted tips, male and female rod for precise cleaning, pin punch, straight pick, end brush, short and double-ended AP brushes, scraper and locking lug scraper, it has everything a cleaning kit must have. It also comes with Otis’s Bio CLP, 100% cotton patches, and two patented patch savers.
It includes separate tools for cleaning the scope mounted on the firearm. From lens tissue, lens spray to lens brush and lens cloth, it has everything for the optic care. The tactical components are organized in a small compact bag. It offers a no-nonsense warranty.
- Very well organized with compartments and a small bag in a nylon case
- Six aircraft grade memory-flex cables
- 16 firearm bronze bore brushes
- Specific tool for optics maintenance of scopes or rangefinders
- No nonsense warranty
- A zipper could have been better
2. GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit
GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit gathers an excellent range of tools to make it a complete all-in-one kit for gun cleaning. The sections or compartments divided for storing the pieces are very well-set, yet doesn’t look messy, instead looks spacious. It also includes two extra spaces for storing cleaning oil and solvent.
The tool kit stores things in the lid of the lightweight and portable plastic case as well and has snap locks. The tool kit includes a total of six solid brass rods with two t-handles for different caliber rifles, pistols, shotguns, and muzzleloaders. In the package, the user will also get a total number of 14 bronze brushes, 9 mops or swabs, 12 spear-pointed cleaning high-quality plastic jags, and a black powder jag.
The four slotted patch loops, utility or AP brushes, muzzle guards are also made of high-quality plastic. It also carries three accessory adapters. Fifty cleaning patches and four polishing cloths are also available in this kit. It is the USA made product and comes with a 3-year warranty on the cost-effective, high-quality items.
- Universal cleaning all-in-one accessory kit
- Aluminum carry case with 28 pieces of tools
- No cheap plastic, only high-quality brass, and nylon plastic tools
- Lightweight, well-organized and portable
- 3-year quality warranty
- Needed to one or two longer rod
3. Hoppe’s Universal Gun Cleaning Accessory Kit
Hoppe’s is a renowned company known for making many types and sizes of cleaning tool kits, and they have one of every possible kind of kit for gun cleaning. This one is their universal kit with a big sturdy looking, foil-covered cardboard, aluminum framing storage case. It doesn’t have too many sizes of tools but has the most required ones which are enough. Even the handle and locks seem to be pretty solid on this one.
Among the tools, it includes nine different sizes of phosphor bronze brushes for cleaning variety shotguns and caliber rifles, three universal aluminum cleaning rod with a T-handle, five different-sized caliber swabs, also four plastic slotted ends made with high-quality materials and a good amount of patches. It also has two brass adapters for both rifles and shotguns.
The gun cleaning rods have ball bearing swivel on them. Brushes have stout bristles which are perfect for efficient cleaning and swabs are 100% cotton, soft, washable yet provides thorough cleaning.
- Well-organized aluminum case with specific compartments for specific accessories
- 3-piece universal aluminum cleaning rod
- Phosphor Bronze brushes with stout bristles
- Five 100% cotton, soft, effective swabs, and four slotted ends
- Two different, rifle to shotgun adapter brass
- Not compact
4. Hoppe’s No. 9 Cleaning Kit
As we already mentioned above, Hoppe’s have different types of kit for cleaning the firearms. According to one’s requirement, an individual has options to make a choice. Now, this Hoppe’s kit is totally distinct from the previous one.
It is a cleaning kit which has solvents and lubricants in it, instead of various sizes of brushes and other accessories. It includes a 2.25oz lubricating oil, and a 2oz cleaning solvent or gun bore cleaner. Other than these, it also consists of an aluminum rod with ball bearing swivel and a T-handle, a bronze brush, a plastic slotted end, a plastic jag, and 40 cleaning patches.
The storage box that comes with it is of high-quality sturdy plastic, spacious, well-sectioned and has snap locks for tight closure. It is mainly for cleaning or .38, .357 and 9mm pistols.
- Snap lock plastic storage box, not clamshell
- Aluminum cleaning rod with swivel handle
- 2 oz. ultra-effective cleaning solvent and 2.25 oz. high-viscosity lubricating oil
- Include brush for the intended caliber
- Perfect for the maintenance and cleaning 0.38, 0.357 and 9mm pistols
- Internal tray quality could have been better
5. Real Avid Gun Boss Handgun Cleaning Kit
Real Avid Gun Boss kit for handgun cleaning comes in a distinct looking zippered case with a ballistic nylon shell. The internal tray, elastic loops, and mesh are made of high-quality materials. It is weatherproof as well.
The best part of this case is that it is not huge, rather compact, and easy to carry with it in your range bag. This universal kit for cleaning the pistols includes a variety of high-quality accessories for the field or the range.
In the storage bag, it has 2 section rods with a T-handle connecting to the swivel tip, and four phosphor bronze bore brushes, four red nylon jags, two durable black nylon slotted ends, and fifty cleaning patches. The cleaning rod can reach up to 9 inches.
Name each type of firearms, be it Colt, a Glock, S&W M&P, .38 SPL revolver, a 1911, SIG Sauer p226, or any other, this kit ensures the ideal maintenance of the firearm.
- Compact, weather-resistant travel case with ballistic nylon shell and internal parts tray
- Two section cleaning rod with swivel tip reaches 9-inch
- Comes with phosphor bore brushes and red nylon jags,
- Also includes 50 patches, slotted tips, and a T-handle
- Perfect for Colt, Glock, revolver or any other handgun
- No scope for carrying lubricants or cleaner
6. New Hoppe’s 9 Rifle Cleaning Kit
New Hoppe’s 9 Rifle Cleaning Kit has all the same accessories and cleaning supplies like the last Hoppe’s cleaning kit we have mentioned above. The difference is in the case and quantity of the liquids. It is intended for .22, .222, .223, .224, .225, .243, .25, .25-06, .257 caliber rifles and pistols.
All the accessories of this kit are packaged in a clamshell instead of a storage box. Such cleaning kits are perfect for emergencies where one need accessories immediately or while traveling when there is no scope to carry storage boxes.
As usual, it comes with a 35 inches 3-piece aluminum rod with swivels to connect the T-handle. It includes a 4 oz bottle cleaning solvent and a 2-1/4 oz lubricating oil. The quantity of the oil and cleaner are more in this kit, compared to the previous one. It also includes a jag, a slotted tip, and a bore brush. Like all other Hoppe’s cleaning kit it comes with 50 patches as well.
- Perfect for sudden need
- Two aluminum rod with one T-handle
- Includes a bottle of Hoppe’s 2-¼ oz high-viscosity lubricant oil
- 4 oz. gun bore cleaner
- Also comes with a slotted tip, a jag, bronze brush, and few patches
- Doesn’t comes with a storage box
7. Allen Company Ultimate Gun Cleaning Kit
Allen Company presents the best gun cleaning kit, which has everything one needs for cleaning a firearm and maintaining it years along. It is a professional grade cleaning kit. Every single thing in this tool kit screams quality and durability, and hence even after being a pricey one, it is worth every penny.
It also includes a quintessential toolbox with dual latches which not only has enough sections and compartments for supplies and tools but also has enough space for carrying bottles of cleaner and oil. The toolbox measure approximately 15″ x 10″ x 8. 75″.
The toolbox has 65 cleaning tools and supplies which include 14 bronze brushes, 13 brass jags, five cotton swabs, four brass slotted tips, three brass adapters, two muzzle guards, six cleaning rods with 2 T-handles, pick, two cleaning brushes and cloths, cotton buds and cotton patches.
The components perfectly clean standard rifle or pistol calibers, also 12 gauge, 20 gauge, and 0. 410 bore shotguns. Every single thing in this tool kit screams quality and durability. Therefore, even after being a pricey one, it is worth every penny.
- Professional grade accessories with a toolbox with dual latches
- Includes 65 cleaning tools in the kit
- Sturdy T-handle with robust cleaning rods
- Bronze brushes, brass jags, slotted tips and adapters, and cotton patches and swabs
- Provides enough space for lubricants and cleaner
- More on the pricey side
8. DAC Winchester Soft Sided Gun Care Case
DAC cleaning kit comes with a 68-piece set of cleaning tool and supplies. The tools and supplies are stocked in a custom fitted Winchester EVA soft sided case which has ample of space inside it with an adequate number of accessory pouches, elastic loops, and sections.
It includes six solid brass rods, with a sturdy machined aluminum handle, 14 phosphor bronze brushes, and the same number and sizes mops or swabs,13 solid brass spear pointed jags, all stored in airtight containers.
It also adds four brass accessory adapters, a double ended metal cleaning pick. Among the brushes, it has three utility parts, 2 choke/breech, and two double-ended brushes.
Other than all the above it includes a polishing cloth and three sets of 50 cleaning patches. It is so well-organized that even after vigorous movement, none of the tools moves an inch.
- A set of 68 cleaning tools
- Winchester super deluxe universal gun case with a soft-sided case
- Six solid brass rods and machined aluminum handles
- Heavy duty zipper with two loops loop handles with a velcro strap on the soft nylon case
- Jags, swabs and bronze brushes come with airtight containers
- Not for vigorous use
9. Hoppe’s No. 9 Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit
The next in our list is another Hoppe’s cleaning kit. This one is very different from all other cleaning kits, be it the Hoppe’s ones or other brands. The thing that makes it apart from all the similar cleaning kit is its wooden storage case. All the tools and accessories of the package are packed in a heavy-duty presentation wooden box.
It includes 3-Piece brass rod with a robust T-handle. The lubricating oil and cleaner are both from Hoppe’s No. 9. The Gun Bore Cleaner is widely used worldwide since a century. On the other hand, the lubricating oil is extra-long lasting. It is a high-viscosity oil which is refined to perfection.
Besides, the kit includes four nylon slotted ends, five phosphor bronze brushes with stout bristles, two brass adapters, silicone cleaning cloth, and patches. The bronze brushes fit different sizes of caliber rifles, caliber pistols, and gauge shotguns. Hoppe’s “Guide to Gun Care” booklet is also there in this universal gun cleaning kit.
- Comes in a classy looking wooden presentation box
- Includes a 3-piece brass rod with a T-handle, 4 slotted tips, and 5 phosphor bronze brushes
- Hoppe’s gun bore cleaner, and lubricating oil also included
- Fits 0.22 and 0.30 caliber rifles, 0.38 caliber pistols, and 20 and 12 gauge shotguns perfectly
- Also comes with a silicone cleaning cloth, Hoppe’s booklet, and cotton patches
- Flimsy plastic slotted tips
10. Hoppe’s BoreSnake Rifle Cleaning Kit
This rifle cleaning kit from Hoppe’s has a very different tool to clean, which is a bore snake. A bore snake is a flexible fabric cord which gradually narrows at the end and also has a weight at the end. The bore snake this kit comes with is of high-quality with brass weight at the end of its tapered end. It claims to be the world’s quickest three-step bore shine.
It is super-compact and a complete cleaning it with the necessary cleaning tool, cleaner and oil. It includes Hoppe’s No. 9 Solvent and Hoppe’s Lubricating Oil.
All the accessories and supplies come in a Rugged, soft-sided case which fastens with velcro straps. The case can be attached to the belt; hence portable and fits compactly into a box or bag. It also includes Hoppe’s weather-guard gun cloths and pulling tool.
- High-quality BoreSnake with brass weight at the end of its pull cord
- Three steps quick-cleaning compact kit
- Rugged, nylon, soft-sided case
- Includes Hoppe’s No. 9 lubricant oil and solvent
- Also comes with Hoppe’s weather-guard cloths and pulling tool
- If not used correctly bore snake might snap and remain inside the barrel
A firearm is a pricey possession and a risky one as well. When the longevity and performance depend on the maintenance of the expensive ownership, then it should not be ignored or compromised by buying an average cleaning kit. Most of the cleaning kit specifically mention which brush or swab or patches are for which type of gun.
So, before purchasing the tool kit, first search for the one which is apt for your firearm. Even a set of 68 pieces will be of no use if you have a gun which cannot be cleaned with one of those tools. We have discussed all the features of all the ten cleaning kits in details and tried our best not to skip any information.
You can have a look at our review on the best gun cleaning kit and see which kit is apt for your gun and then buy the cleaning kit assessing all the features in-depth personally. Our purpose is to let you inform about the best products, but the decision maker is always you.
You May Also Like to Read