Last Updated on January 2, 2021
If you are preparing to spend a lot of time at the outdoors, you need to protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays and other environmental elements. When you have quality military sunglass, it will provide you protection against UV rays and sand, dirt, debris, and flying objects.
An excellent quality military sunglass provides ballistic protection and meets the US Military Standard as well as US Civilian Standard for ballistic eyewear. Here, we will cover 10- best military sunglasses available in the market.
Table of Contents
- Reviews of the Best Military Sunglasses
- Quick Answer – Military Sunglasses
- 1. American Optical Pilot Eyewear Sunglasses
- 2. Oakley Men’s Gascan Rectangular Eyeglasses
- 3. Ergodyne Skullerz Odin Polarized Safety Sunglasses
- 4. Under Armour Igniter Polarized Multiflection Sunglasses
- 5. Venture Gear Overwatch Tactical Sunglasses
- 6. Revision Military Hellfly Ballistic Sunglasses
- 7. Gatorz Magnum Hand Crafted Military Sunglasses
- 8. ESS Eyewear Ice 3LS Eyeshield Kit
- 9. Rothco Ventec Tactical Goggles
- 10. Wiley X Slay Sunglasses
- Final Thoughts
Reviews of the Best Military Sunglasses
When we review products, we look for both quality and functionality. But finding such a quality product is not an easy task; it requires hours of research. You can also do it if you search in the right way. Here, we have made your job simple. Here, you will find expert reviews on the best military sunglasses. Let’s read and find the best tactical sunglasses for you!
Quick Answer – Military Sunglasses
1. American Optical Pilot Eyewear Sunglasses
American Optical (AO) Pilot Eyewear-Sunglasses is one of the best sunglasses on the market used by US Marines, Soldiers, Marines, Air Force, regular pilots since 1958. And, if you want to look cool and stylish, you can purchase this Pilot Eyewear Sunglasses.
It has a thin wire frame and large lenses. The True Color glass lenses will protect you from UVA and UVB rays and will provide you amazing optical clarity and distortion. If you love styling, you are going to love these military sunglasses.
The outline of the frame is rough, rigid structure, the fantastic finish of the steel combination. The contortion free cleaned True Color lenses and the steel frame giving it the classic aviator styling.
AO Eyewear provides one year warranty from date of purchase and replaces or repairs if defective in material or quality. All-in-all, Traditional Aviator classics sunglasses are best indeed.
- Scratch-resistant lenses
- Thin steel frame
- Provides optical clarity and distortion
- 98% UVA and 100% UVB protection
- Easily fit underneath headgear, helmets or headphones
- Perfect for sailors, soldiers, Marines, and Airmen
- Have been worn by Neil Armstrong and John F. Kennedy
- Not polarized
- Casing design is not so cool
2. Oakley Men’s Gascan Rectangular Eyeglasses
Oakley has made the Gascan Rectangular Eyeglasses for men for world-class competitors, the individuals who see the points of confinement of credibility. This military sunglass looks so unique, and they are available in multiple color options.
To maintain the original, continuous contour lenses are cut out from the curve of a single lens shield. The lightweight and durable frame offer premium comfort and stress-resistant, as well as the three-Point Fit, maintain the lenses accurate optical alignment.
Besides, the Plutonite Lenses protect all UVC, UVA, UVB, and negative blue light up to 400nm. The lens width of this eyeglass is 54 mm, bridge 18.5 mm, and arm 134.5 mm. HDO (High Definition Optics) makes a razor-sharp vision and superior optical clarity at every angle. Moreover, With the purchase, you’re getting a 1-year warranty.
- Plastic frame and plastic lens
- HDO for visual fidelity and optical clarity
- The lightweight frame is stress-resistant
- Wrap frame extends to fit large to medium faces
- 100% filtering of UVA, UVB, UVC, and blue light
- Clear and maximum vision at all angles
- Designed and assembled in the USA
- Black polarized but not too dark
- May run a bit large
3. Ergodyne Skullerz Odin Polarized Safety Sunglasses
If you are here for regular polarized safety sunglasses, the Ergodyne Skullerz Odin Polarized Safety Sunglasses is the ultimate answer. Most of its materials and features are highly flexible, which gives you excellent output.
Overall, the sturdy, lightweight, and flexible full-frame construction assure a more comfortable fit. It is perfect for regular use as well as for recreational activities; biking, running, like shooting, hunting, hiking, and fishing.
Ergodyne Skullerz Odin Polarized Safety Sunglasses are available in various styles and colors. The color design and shape are a hundred percent perfect. The lens can protect all ultraviolet rays and harmful blue light, and in the bright environment, premium polarized lens technology reduces glare.
Odin-FGI prevents the dust or debris for clear vision. Unquestionably recommendable to anybody who is searching for a pair of good military-grade safety sunglasses, or simply searching for a decent pair of sunglasses at a modest cost.
- Black frame with polarized G15 lens
- MIL-PRF 32432 Ballistic Impact
- Meet ANSI Z87.1+ and CSA Z94.3
- Scratch-resistant lens blocks 100% of UVA, UVB, and UVC
- Lightweight, durable, flexible, comfortable construction
- Reduces glare with premium polarized lens technology
- Odin-FGI to minimize dust and debris entry
- Vulnerable to scratches
- Do not sell replacement nose pieces
4. Under Armour Igniter Polarized Multiflection Sunglasses
Under Armour, Igniter Polarized Multiflection Sunglasses allows a wide area of vision that offers excellent versatility for multiple sports. Igniter features an adaptable nose pad that makes a comfortable fit.
Enraptured focal points give high-glare decreases and perceive genuine nature in brilliant light conditions. Besides, the ArmourSight focal points convey a 20% increasingly undistorted fringe vision and are 10- times more grounded than customary polycarbonate focal points.
Multiflection lenses are safe against scratching, discoloring, and recoloring and repulse water: the Ultralight ArmourFusion, frames made from a blend of titanium and Grilamid for most extreme effect obstruction. The customizable, three-point nose cushion offers a secure agreeable fit. This model also features stun retaining pad pivots.
All Under Armour Performance Eyewear lenses are 100% UVA, UVB, and UVC rays protective. Besides, the three-Point grip and Hinge ensure a secure and comfortable fit. This pair of sunglasses has total function and style – what a perfect combo!
- Polycarbonate, Titanium, Grilamid frames
- Lens width: 60 mm, lens height: 37 mm
- Bridge: 20 mm, Arm: 135 mm
- Adaptable nose pads for a custom fit
- Gray lenses offer true color
- Polarized for 100% UVA, UVB, UVC rays
- Soft case included
- The logo detail on may differ
5. Venture Gear Overwatch Tactical Sunglasses
Regardless of whether you’re going rough terrain, climbing, chasing, angling, or Venture Gear Overwatch, Tactical Sunglasses will change how you see experience. Venture Gear Tactical sunglasses are agreeable with Military Combat Eye Protection Systems.
Its dynamic obligation commitment also ensured by MIL-PRF-32432 Ballistic Fragmentation Standard. At the point when your activity includes exactness execution in unavoidable circumstances, the presentation of your gear can be the contrast between mission achievement and catastrophe.
These sunglasses are perfect for all-day use as they come with soft nosepiece and rubber temple tips. The lenses are anti-fog and scratch-resistant. Moreover, the polycarbonate lenses provide 99% UVA/UVB/UVCC protection.
That is the reason Venture Gear Tactical conveys fight tried eyewear worked to fulfill the most noteworthy guidelines of the individuals who ensure our opportunity at home and abroad.
- Tough, durable, comfortable
- Built for the harshest environments
- Metal hinge structure provides a premium look
- Anti-fog and polycarbonate lens
- 99.9 percent UVA, UVB, UVC protection
- High-impact requirements meet ANSI Z87.1
- Ballistic certifications MIL-PRF 32432
- Hinges are not of excellent quality
- Lens coating may come off
- Runs a bit small
6. Revision Military Hellfly Ballistic Sunglasses
The Hellfly Ballistic Sunglasses are durable and look cool. Revision’s commitment to providing you the highest level of quality, and they come up with these sunglasses in the market. The high-impact Polycarbonate lenses are sturdy and thick enough, so they should not break easily.
The Hellfly Sunglasses combine the interest for smooth and comfortable eyewear with unique sunglass style ballistic protection. The Hellfly includes perfect optics, and the wrap-around frames protect your eyes from unexpected elements both on the job and off.
This sunglass is excellent eye protection. The high-impact Polycarbonate lenses meet the Military Ballistic impact Requirements and ensure full side-impact security, distortion-free vision, and anti-fog performance – they won’t fog up even if you sweat.
The lenses have a scratch-resistant coating on both sides that resists a wide variety of chemicals, and projectiles. Besides, the frame thinness ensures hearing protection. Overall, the Revision Military Hellfly Ballistic Sunglasses will perform and protect you against all harshness of combat.
- High-impact Polycarbonate lenses
- Scratch-resistant coating
- Durable and looks good
- Multiple color options for frames and lenses
- Thinness ensures hearing protection
- Weighs only 5.6 ounces
- Poor quality Photochromic lenses
- Not a good option if having a big head
7. Gatorz Magnum Hand Crafted Military Sunglasses
Gatorz is one of the best military sunglasses in the market. Considering the quality, performance, and materials, this one of the Magnum Tactical Hand Crafted Military Sunglasses is the best model you can buy.
This model is the preferred sunglass of US Navy SEALs, law enforcers, skydivers, athletes, and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide. The Gatorz Magnum features an aircraft-grade aluminum frame and impact-resistant polycarbonate lenses along with rubber-covered stainless steel nose piece and stainless steel dual 5-barrel hinges.
The Gatorz Magnum ensures quality and performance; it can withstand against fast-moving projectiles, UV rays. Moreover, the lenses are anti-fog, anti-scratch, and AR coating.
They can withstand projectiles moving up to 250 feet per second. It’s proper ballistic eyewear. This model is available in multiple color options. The Magnum is the USA made product and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Impact-resistant polycarbonate lenses.
- 7075 Billet Aircraft Aluminum Frame
- Anti-Fog, Anti-Scratch, and AR Coating
- 100% UV protection
- Adjustable frame
- Available in multiple color frame and lenses
- Made in the USA
- High price
8. ESS Eyewear Ice 3LS Eyeshield Kit
If you want a simple yet effective military sunglass for a low price, the ESS Ice 3LS would be a good option for you. The ESS has come up with a unique frameless design that offers the unrestricted field of view, and high-impact resistance interchangeable lenses perfect for any light condition.
This sunglass is a lightweight, frameless eye protection system for you that offers excellent performance. Moreover, all ICE lenses provide 100% UV protection. The side pieces are attached to the lenses.
They keep the sunglasses secured and also feel comfortable as well. Besides, they offer better fit through their adjustable length. The ICE-3LS KIT includes a clear lens, black sidepieces, anti-fog cloth, smoke grey lens, elastic strap, yellow lens, and hard case.
Overall, they’re well-made and reasonably priced. They are available in a black frame and offer a medium-large fit. Overall, the ICE 3LS is reliable, lightweight, and provides a full field of vision protection.
- Offers frameless eye protection
- Interchangeable lenses for adequate eye protection
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- high-impact resistance
- Provides an unrestricted field of view
- Offers medium-large fit
- Hey fog up a bit
- They are a bit small
9. Rothco Ventec Tactical Goggles
Rothco is one of the popular suppliers of tactical, outdoor, military, survival clothing, and gear. If you are here for a sunglass that is durable and useful for being out in the wilderness, you can choose the Rothco Ventec Tactical Goggles.
They will work excellent against the blowing wind, sand, snow, and UV rays. The lenses are shatterproof Polycarbonate made and feature an anti-scratch and anti-fog coating. The lenses provide UV400 protection.
This model comes with a lightweight foam padded frame. The lenses are pretty dark, and they are fantastic on sunny days. The Rothco Ventec Tactical Goggles have an adjustable one-inch elastic strap that provides a comfortable fit.
By considering the price and features, this tactical goggles would be a perfect option for an outdoorsman. Overall, if you want a decent wind/dust/splash protection, this is for you!
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lenses
- Lightweight foam-padded frame
- Anti-scratch and anti-fog coating
- SPF 400 ultraviolet protection
- Adjustable one-inch elastic strap
- CE approved
- They fog up fast
- Not that much comfortable
10. Wiley X Slay Sunglasses
You are probably going to love the design that accompanies this model. The model highlights the shatterproof polycarbonate lenses. This sunglass is something critical to guarantee you never need to think over dropping your glasses – pick them up and keep using.
They are polarized lenses, so it will intensify the color contrasts with ease and provide impressive light transmission. The lenses are also in such a position so that you will get the ultimate performance.
The Wiley X Slay Sunglasses has a T-shell lens coating that resists the scratching even in extreme conditions. The T-shell lens coating also ensures the long life of your sunglass.
This model also provides 100% UVA and UVB rays protection as well as distortion-free clarity. This military sunglass features virtually unbreakable ANSI certified frames containing contoured sports look.
- Shatterproof lenses
- ANSI certified frames
- 100% UV rays protection
- T-shell lens coating
- Includes zippered case, a cleaning cloth, and a neck strap
- Weighs about 1.6 ounces
- The temples are a bit short
- Runs a bit small for medium size face
Military sunglasses not only provide you UV rays protection but also offer ballistic protection. They come with impact-resistant lenses and can withstand against small flying projectiles and fragments.
Here, our experts tried their best to present you with the best military sunglasses, which will meet all the considerations, features, and your personal preferences. We hope this informative article helped you find the quality military sunglasses.
You May Also Like to Read