Last Updated on October 14, 2021
The Best Shooting Glasses for Sporting Clays: Without shooting glasses, you are not well prepared for participating in a shooting range or hunting excursions. It is not something you can leave behind. If you are looking for some great options for shooting glasses, you are in the right place.
There are few excellent shooting glasses here waiting for your response. The purpose of the article is to review the ten best shooting glasses for sporting clays of the current time. We will discuss all of them with real pros and cons so that you can easily pick one within a short time.
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Shooting Glasses for Sporting Clays
- Reviews of the Best Shooting Glasses for Sporting Clays
- 1. DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR Safety Goggle
- 2. Uvex Skyper Blue Light Blocking Glasses S1933X
- 3. NoCry Safety Glasses with UV Protection
- 4. Dewalt DPG59-115C Reinforcer Glasses
- 5. Allen Company Shooting & Safety Glasses
- 6. DEWALT DPG94-1C Dominator Safety Glasses
- 7. NoCry Over-Glasses Safety Glasses
- 8. Dewalt DPG55-11C Clear Protective Safety Glasses
- 9. Jackson Safety V30 Nemesis Polarized Safety Glasses 28635
- 10. Uvex S0250X Ultra-spec 2000 Safety Eyewear
- Shooting Glasses for Sporting Clays Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Shooting Glasses for Sporting Clays
Reviews of the Best Shooting Glasses for Sporting Clays
In the market, there are several options available in different price ranges. Hence, it is complicated to find the right pair. Also, sizes and styles vary. Getting confused is a common phenomenon while shopping for shooting glasses for sporting clays. But we are here to resolve all your confusion.
We’ve done the research part for you and came here with the ten Best Shooting Glasses for Sporting Clays review. At the end of the article, you will smartly understand which one is worth your need. Let’s get straight to the reviews:
1. DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR Safety Goggle
To keep your eyes protected from everything your work throws, the DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR Safety Google is an excellent choice. Based on construction, performance, and price, The DEWALT clay shooting glasses get the highest mark.
The hardened coated lens will keep scratches a thousand miles away, and the anti-fog feature will let you see clearly in any weather condition. The ventilation channels offer excellent breathability and ensure protection against fogging.
Not only the DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82-11CTR keeps your eyes well protected but also offers an excellent level of comfort, thanks to soft, dual-injected rubber surround.
The adjustable, elastic cloth head strap provides an excellent fit while using and adds a little extra support. The lens is easy to attach and remove with easy to use clip system. Overall, the safety goggle powered by DEWALT is one of the hot cakes of our time.
- Comfortable Elastic Headband ensures a snug fit
- Lenses are scratch proof
- Offers a clean and clear view
- The excellent ventilation system allows breathability
- Easy to attach and detach lenses
- Not completely anti-fog
2. Uvex Skyper Blue Light Blocking Glasses S1933X
The Uvex Skyper is another budget killer of our time. The product features an orange lens with SCT, aka Spectrum Control Technology. So, it can absorb the blue lights of the computer. Those who use to work long hours in front of the computer should purchase the product right away.
The Uvex Skyper will surely improve your focus and reduce eye fatigue. The goggles also offer three-position, ratcheting lens inclination for a customized fit to anyone.
You will get long term wearing comfort, and the lens replacement system is damn quick. The Uvex Skyper is a perfect solution if you want to keep your eyes well protected. The price is reasonable, as well. Give it a try; I am sure you will not regret it.
- Features Orange Lens with Spectrum Control Technology (SCT)
- Offers a Three-Position ratcheting lens inclination
- Absorbs computer blue light for improved screen contrast, reduced eye fatigue
- Ensures long term vision protection
- Provides long-wearing comfort
- A secure lens replacement system
- Not recommended for small faces
You Should Read This: The 10 Best Spotting Scope for Target Shooting
3. NoCry Safety Glasses with UV Protection
The Glass is built to last with polycarbonate wraparound construction. Due to its durable construction, your eyes will be well protected. Besides, the NoCry Safety Glasses can keep you safe from harmful UV rays.
With the top side and nose pieces, you can get an excellent fit. It will never slip off in between works. The product will fit any face type and head size.
As it has double coated untinted lenses included, you will get optimal visibility in foggy conditions. The price is prohibitive too. Try it; I am sure you will never search for anything else.
- Protects from harmful UV rays
- Designed to last with a sturdy polycarbonate wraparound construction
- Offers excellent fit with side and nose pieces
- Ideal for woodworking, carpentry, metal and development work, lab and dental work, shooting, cycling and so on
- Not completely scratch resistant
4. Dewalt DPG59-115C Reinforcer Glasses
Dewalt DPG59-115C is another example of their quality glass. We’ve enlisted in the top position already. This is the second one that worth mentioning.
The magnification diopter is molded into a polycarbonate lens, and it protects against harmful UV rays. The Glass can work as a safety glass as well as reading glass.
The handgrip pattern located on the temple is positioned perfectly for a secure grip. You can wear goggles for long hours without any fatigue. Overall, the quality is excellent for the price.
- Features hard coat lens that meets ANSI Z87.1+ Standards
- Excellent construction
- Ensures fatigue-free use
- Comfortable rubber nose bridge pads included
- Offers an obvious vision
- The protective sleeve is very tight
5. Allen Company Shooting & Safety Glasses
The Allen Company Shooting & Safety Glasses will keep your eyes well protected in various tasks, including shooting, woodworking, and construction, and so on. The product is well built with top quality materials. It is designed to last many years.
The Glass can be used with prescription shooting glasses for sporting clays. The lens is pretty clear and ensures excellent visibility in different weather conditions. The metallic coating on the lenses will protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
The Allen Company Shooting and Safety Glasses comes with wraparound frames for extra protection and coverage. Also, it is ANSI Z87 impact resistant. At the end, quality talks and the quality of these Glass are impressive. Pick it before the stock expires.
- Ideal for everyday use
- Wrap around frame
- Ensure extra protection and coverage
- ANSI Z87 impact resistant
- Protects against harmful UV rays
- The part that goes over-ear is a cheap thin plastic
6. DEWALT DPG94-1C Dominator Safety Glasses
Let me present another Shooting Glass from the mighty Dewalt brand. Yes, I am talking about the DEWALT DPG94-1C Dominator Safety Glasses considered as one of the best shooting glasses for sporting clays of the present time.
The product is designed with a full-frame and a larger lens that offers extensive coverage and protection. The high-quality construction with premium quality materials makes it way more durable than many other products in the market.
Furthermore, the DEWALT DPG94-1C meets ANSI Z87.1+ Standards too. The Safety Glasses will keep your eyes well protected from harmful UV rays. The product is excellent based on price, performance, and built quality.
It will ideally keep your eyes safe while shooting or doing any other dangerous tasks like woodworking, construction tasks, and so on. You can give it a try without any fear.
- Offers excellent fit with rubber-tipped temples
- Features full frame with a larger lens
- Excellent coverage
- Protects against harmful UV rays
- Meets ANSI Z87.1+ standards
- Less comfortable compared to other products in the list
7. NoCry Over-Glasses Safety Glasses
NoCry Over-Glasses Safety Glasses are ideal for several tasks, including shooting, lab, and dental work, metal and construction, woodworking and carpentry, etc. The Glass met all the safety standards and received all the certifications as well.
You can wear them with any prescription shooting glasses. The NoCry Glasses not only protects the eye of the users but also protects their eyewear too. The Clear lenses will provide you excellent and clear vision.
You can easily see cut lines, colors, and details. The Shooting Glass is comfortable with padded arms that can be adjusted according to your needs. The soft tips stay gently behind the ears. Overall, the quality is excellent for the price.
- Offers excellent fit over most prescription glasses
- Wraparound lens
- Made of scratch-resistant polycarbonate
- Ensures a high level of peripheral eye protection
- OSHA-approved, ANSI Z87, and CSA Z94.3 safety certifications
- Ideal for use in various purposes including shooting, construction work, lab, and dental work and so on
- Not suitable for small and flat nose
8. Dewalt DPG55-11C Clear Protective Safety Glasses
Most of the safety glasses claimed to be anti-flogging, anti-UV, and anti-scratch, but the truth is they are just anti-good. If you are frustrated with your previous safety glasses experience, please have a look at the DEWALT DPG55-11C Safety Glasses.
It will surely wash away all your frustration. The built quality of those glasses from Dewalt is beyond excellent. They are designed to last and serve many users with tough polycarbonate lens.
Even you can wear Safety Glass for long hours. It will not leave any mark on your nose. If you’ve got a longer head, you can even adjust the Glass.
In any weather condition, the Dewalt DPG55-11C Safety Glasses will provide an excellent view. The price is not prohibitive. Surely, you can give it a try. But hurry up, the stock is limited!
- Tough polycarbonate lens included
- Impact resistance
- Cushioned brow protection
- Adjustable Ratcheting temples ensure a proper fit
- Not perfectly anti-fogging
9. Jackson Safety V30 Nemesis Polarized Safety Glasses 28635
People often complained that Safety Glasses are monstrous and less smart! Well, they are somewhat right. As the purpose of safety glass is to provide perfect eye protection, so the manufacturer made them big.
Still, some people prioritized style over everything. If you want to look cool even in your Safety Glasses, the solution is Jackson Safety V30, which is one of the most refreshing glasses in the market today.
Not only the appearance, the safety glass but also is one of the best based on its performance. The size of Jackson is ideal for both men and women. The safety glass meets ANSI Z87.1 standards as well.
The product is scratch-resistant and provides ultimate comfort. It is excellent for use in gun range/ shooting, construction, fishing, golfing, road work, and more. The price is reasonable, as well.
- Stylish design
- Ideal for both men and women
- Offers excellent UV protection
- Made of premium quality polycarbonate, tinted lenses
- Provides impact protection comfortable
- Suitable for many tasks
- Noise piece is not that good
10. Uvex S0250X Ultra-spec 2000 Safety Eyewear
The Uvex S0250X Ultra-Spec 2000 is made of high-quality polycarbonate materials. So, it will surely last for many years. Also, the wraparound lens design with vented side shields ensures excellent protection and coverage.
The lens comes with anti-scratch and anti-fog lens coating. You have to choose from the two. Furthermore, the adjustable temple ensures an excellent fit, no matter your head size or face type.
The product is available in a verity of lens and frame tint options. It meets ANSI Z87.1 and CSA z94.3 Standards as well. After checking every little detail of the product, we can proudly declare that this is one of the best in the market based on the price. Try it before the stock turned out.
- Made of 100% polycarbonate
- Wraparound design
- Ensures excellent coverage and protection
- Meets ANSI Z87.1-2003 and CSA Z94.3 standards
- Available in different lens and frame tint options
- Not one size fits all
Shooting Glasses for Sporting Clays Buying Guide
If you don’t know what to look for a pair of shooting glasses for sporting clays, just buying a pair of shooting glasses won’t be fruitful enough to protect your eyes from a severe injury.
The main factors which affect safety glasses are protection and comfort. Really, to protect your eyes from accidents, you should buy a pair of shooting glasses for sporting clays that is comfortable and safe from harm or injury.
Moreover, there are 3-main factors that contribute to the effectiveness of shooting glasses. They are-
- Physical Protection
- Elemental Protection
- Comfort and fit
1. Physical Protection
The physical protection provided by shooting glasses is what makes them effective. Hence it protects your eyes from the impacts of the hit and provides protection from flying hazardous objects that causes due to accidental discharge of a firearm.
So to protect your eyes, you should look for a pair of best shooting glasses for sporting clays that is strong and reliable enough to protect any flying objects, or fragments, during shooting.
2. Elemental Protection
When you see through the lenses of protective glasses for clay shooting, you can feel that particular environmental factors such as sun, rain, wind, snow, and UV rays may create a strain on your eyes. In other words, several factors might prevent vision when wearing protective safety glasses.
Even when you’re just shooting indoors, your vision needs protection from environmental factors such as dust particles, residue from gun powder, and unexpectedly sprayed liquid.
Therefore, the best shooting glasses for sporting clays should offer ballistic protection as well as protection from the surrounding eye area.
So, you must make sure that your selected shooting glasses are well capable of keeping your eyes protected from dust, debris, rain, wind, snow, sun, and UV rays
3. Comfort and Fit
The effectiveness of your eye protection also depends on whether it’s comfortable to wear and when you do wear it. Along with the level of protection, it is also essential to consider how well they will fit you.
Therefore, when choosing shooting glasses, look for snug ones but not tight and protect your entire eye area from potentially hazardous objects.
Especially when you’re moving around, your eyewear must stay on and offer the proper level of protection. It’s always a sign of good comfort and protection when your shooting glasses fit properly.
Therefore, when you’re handling guns, your eyewear should fit securely and stay on. However, shooting glasses that are uncomfortable or too tight cause skin irritation or discomfort, reduces focus, and impedes performance.
To participate in shooting sports first and foremost duty of an individual is to ensure his her safety. Even when you are thinking about joining any shooting sport, you need to purchase safety equipment.
Also, you are not allowed to think about shooting without proper safety equipment! Kidding! But yeah, safety equipment is essential in shooting, and without the best shooting glasses for sporting clays, your preparation will never be fulfilled.
We’ve mentioned ten best products of the present time. Hope you can purchase one from the above list. All of the products are excellent for use in shooting sport. Some of them are versatile and even ideal for regular works too.
Check the features carefully and consider which one meets all your requirements before making any deal. Now, it is my time to say Goodbye. If you’ve anything to know, feel free to comment. See you soon with many more!
You May Also Like to Read