Last Updated on January 14, 2020 by Jerry Miculek
Binoculars are a great optical device. Focusing on a target and watching the details of an animal or bird or star from a distance, which is way out of reach is fascinating. Vortex is known for making high-quality optical gadgets or devices.
It is an American company. Vortex manufactures different optical devices such as- monocular, rangefinder, tripod, riflescope, and binocular. And all these optical devices are famous all around the world. Till now Vortex has successfully produced ten different series of binoculars, their highest till date.
They have different price ranges from too expensive to comparatively affordable ones. However, the best Vortex binoculars don’t depend on the high price. They can be affordable yet possess all the best features of a binocular.
The price tag of the more expensive ones is also decided, depending on the qualities and features. One thing is clear that if you are using a binocular from Vortex, then you are using a quality product which will last for years.
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Vortex Binoculars
- Reviews of the Best Vortex Binoculars
- 1. Vortex Optics Diamondback Binoculars
- 2. Vortex Optics Viper Roof Prism Binoculars
- 3. Vortex Optics Vulture HD Binoculars
- 4. Vortex Optics Razor HD Binoculars
- 5. Vortex Optics Diamondback Classic Binoculars
- 6. Vortex Optics Crossfire Roof Prism Binoculars
- 7. Vortex Optics Raptor Porro Prism Binoculars
- 8. Vortex Optics Viper HD Binoculars
- 9. Vortex Optics Vanquish Porro Prism Binoculars
- 10. Vortex Optics Kaibab HD Binoculars
- Final Words
Quick Answer – Vortex Binoculars
Reviews of the Best Vortex Binoculars
Binoculars are in itself a tricky device to make. Nailing the construction of a perfect binocular is difficult but not impossible. Just a few were successful in nailing it. And Vortex is one among the top, and here we are going to review some of the binoculars from Vortex which got it right.
These have upped the binocular game, and we are talking about the best among the best Vortex binoculars. All these binoculars from different series have several standard features, and there exist one or two unique ones that make it different from the rest. We are now going to review ten of them and discuss all the features, information, advantages, and disadvantages in detail.
1. Vortex Optics Diamondback Binoculars
Enjoy a comfortable viewing and optical quality with Vortex Optics Diamondback Binoculars. The 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses will offer the much-needed optimum clarity with crisp images.
A sleek, short hinge, durable design makes it the perfect binocular for active use. Its rubber armor housing and thumb indents offer more space to hold the binocular comfortably. It will rarely slip from the hands in any weather conditions due to the non-slip grip.
To get more light transmission and brighter images, it uses dielectrically and fully multi-coated lenses. It provides a field of view like no other and claims to be one of the largest in its class which identifies the targets instantly. For adjustment of the eye relief, it has multi-position twist-up eyecups, and it also has a right eye diopter to adjust the focal differences.
The binocular is both Nitrogen and Argon purged. The argon purging, along with the rubber armor enhances waterproof and fog-proof performance. When the weather reaches the extremes, the nitrogen purging makes explicitly sure to prevent internal fogging in any temperature.
- Durable and short hinge design with thumb indents
- 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses
- Dielectric, fully multi-coated lenses with the largest field of view
- Multi-position eyecups allow eye relief adjustment and right eye diopter for focal differences
- Argon and Nitrogen gas purging withstand water penetration and internal fogging
- Lens covers fall off easily
2. Vortex Optics Viper Roof Prism Binoculars
Vortex Viper HD Binocular is lightweight to the extent that it is known to be one of the lightest full-size binoculars. On its compact, rubber-armored chassis, it has Armortek coating. It uses 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses.
The advanced high-density optical system includes extra-low dispersion glass which has enhanced anti-reflective lens coating on them. The coating makes sure to provide striking image quality and the highest level of light transmission.
It is a roof prism binocular. The prisms are dielectrically coated. The multi-layer coatings not only provide bright, clear, color-accurate images but also enhances resolution and contrast. The eyecups and eye diopter are pretty similar to the Diamondback binoculars.
It is argon purged, and O-ring sealed. In any weather condition, it is capable of giving a waterproof and fog-proof performance by challenging and defying the elements.
- Advanced high-density optical system with 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses
- Armortek coating on the rubber-armored chassis
- Dielectric, multi-layer prism coatings on lens and roof prism
- Multi-position eyecups and locking right eye diopter great for glass wearers
- O-ring sealed and argon purged
- Needed a better field of view
3. Vortex Optics Vulture HD Binoculars
If you are looking for a binocular to get more light transmission, then the Vortex 15×56 Vulture HD Binocular can be an excellent option for you. It is binocular, which is durable, can withstand any extreme condition, and apt for the early or late hours use.
It has a rugged, rubber armor housing and all the exterior lenses used in it are ultra-hard, Armortek coated, and scratch-resistant. The 56 diameter objective lenses with a 15x magnification guarantee excellent light transmission, thus provide incredible performance in low light.
With the help of the high-density extra-low dispersion glass and XR fully multi-coated lenses, it gives you unbelievably sharp and clear images from edge to edge. Both the barrels are Argon purged, and O-ring sealed which are essential for waterproof and fog-proof performance. It adjusts focal differences with a center diopter and has twist-up eyecups for better eye relief and comfortable viewing with or without glasses.
- 15x magnification and 56mm objective lenses
- High-density extra-low dispersion glass
- Scratch-resistant Armortek coating on exterior lenses
- Center diopter to adjust focal differences and twist eyecups
- Fogproof and waterproof
- Not compact
4. Vortex Optics Razor HD Binoculars
The 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses have ultra-modern anti-reflective coatings with cutting edge plasma tech application on them. What that application does is, it creates high definition images and ensures the highest level of brightness in the lowest of light situations.
It’s a durable, lightweight, and ergonomic designed binocular with an open hinge magnesium chassis. The rugged armors with the thoughtfully put indents make sure the binocular doesn’t slip accidentally.
For scratches, oil, and dirt protection, it uses ultra-hard, scratch-resistant Armortek coating on all of its exterior lenses. It ensures a lifetime of waterproof and fog-proof performance as well due to the Argon purging and O-ring seal. Things that are most common in almost all the best Vortex binoculars are the multi-position eyecups, locking right eye diopter, and Razor HD.
- Lightweight and durable open hinge magnesium chassis
- 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses
- Hand-selected prisms and anti-reflective coatings with cutting edge plasma tech application
- Multi-position eyecups and right eye diopter for comfortable viewing and adjusting focal differences
- Waterproof and fog-proof performance for a lifetime
- Too expensive
5. Vortex Optics Diamondback Classic Binoculars
Here’s another Vortex Diamondback binoculars and this one is called the Classic Binocular. It has 10x magnification, and 42mm diameter objective lenses which are covered with Rainguard tethered covers. It is a roof prism binocular thus provides a better magnification.
The prisms are phase-corrected, and glasses are multi-coated. They give an almost 3D view close to the real image. The argon purging in the place of oxygen stops internal fogging, which occurs due to the sudden drop of the temperature. It is 100% waterproof as well so no issue in heavy rain, or hot or muggy conditions.
It has a long eye relief, approximately 16mm and a good field of view of 345 feet at 1000 yards which also play their part in guaranteeing more precise and sharp images. The best advantage it provides is offering the VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty. It includes a comfortable neck strap and deluxe custom-molded carry case.
- 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses
- Roof prism binoculars with multi-coated optics and phase-corrected prisms
- 100% Waterproof and fog proof
- Includes RainGuard lens covers, carry case, and neck strap
- VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty
- Glass quality could have been better
6. Vortex Optics Crossfire Roof Prism Binoculars
This Vortex Binoculars from the Crossfire series is a performance-driven binocular. It claims to be a quality product at a considerate price point, which was unheard of. The fully multi-coated 10x42mm objective lenses provide optimum clarity and maximum brightness and light transmission.
The reason it being an apt binocular for hunting is its wide field of view which is 325 feet at1000 yards and enhanced depth of field. It takes no time to scan the area and environment and focuses quickly on the target you are searching.
Nitrogen purging prevents fogging and water penetration and makes it a binocular ready for all weather conditions hot or rainy. The right eye diopter, center focus wheel, and the twist-up eyecups ensure precise functionality and eye relief, especially for those who wear glasses. The eye relief is also pretty long, and that is 15mm. It is easy and secure to hold due to its rubber armoring.
- 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses
- Fully multi-coated lens for a clear view and superior light transmission
- Twist-up eyecups and right eye diopter provide precise functionality
- Rubber armoring with a secure grip
- Nitrogen purged for waterproof and fog proof conduct
- No-textured grip
7. Vortex Optics Raptor Porro Prism Binoculars
Vortex Optics Raptor Porro Prism Binoculars has a mid-size, wide-angle design. Its meant to be wide but can be flexed to support easy viewing for a variety of facial structures. It has 10x magnification and 32mm objective lenses.
The fully multi-coated lenses with Porro prism magnifies and transmit light to the maximum. It provides optimum clarity and top-notch color fidelity, which result in bright, crisp images.
The 13mm eye relief is easily customizable using the twist-up eyecups, and focal differences are maneuvered with the right eye diopter. The focus wheel is in the middle and easy to reach, and the close focus is 15 feet.
The field of view of this binocular is 339 feet at 1000 yards, which is normal as it is designed for a wide-angle. The rubber armor makes it durable and long-lasting. It is allowed to use in extreme conditions as it is nitrogen purged hence both waterproof and fog proof.
- 10x magnification and 32mm objective lenses
- Wide-angle, Porro prism design apt for both wide or narrow facial structures
- Fully multi-coated lenses offer optimum clarity, color fidelity, superior light transmission, and crisp image
- Twist-up eyecups for comfortable eye relief and a right eye diopter
- Nitrogen purging gives the waterproof and fog-proof performance
- Wide, so might appear bulky to many
8. Vortex Optics Viper HD Binoculars
The binoculars from this series rely on an advanced high-density optical system with an improved anti-reflective lens coating. This system and coat is the reason for providing stunning images and the highest light transmission.
The dielectrically coated prisms with the multi-layer coatings result in bright, clear, color-accurate images. It heightens the resolution and contrast as well. Glass wearers can adjust the eyecups as they are multi-positioned.
Multi-position eyecups and a 19.5mm eye relief will be nevertheless great for people who don’t use glasses. There is also the locking right eye diopter, which adjusts the focal differences between the two eyes. It defies the elements with the nitrogen purging and ensures waterproof and fog-proof performance.
- 10x magnification and 50mm objective lenses
- Advanced high-density optical system with enhanced anti-reflective lens coating
- Dielectrically coated multi-layered roof prism
- Armortek coated rubber-armored chassis
- Multi-positioned eyecups with locking right eye diopter
- Price, the only drawback
9. Vortex Optics Vanquish Porro Prism Binoculars
Vanquish Reverse Porro Prism Binoculars is the smallest, lightest and most compact of them all. It weighs merely 12.7 ounces. The material used to construct this little wonder is high-quality aluminum.
It is durable and has full rubber housing which provides a non-slip grip in any weather condition. It doesn’t lessen the magnification and applies 10x magnification but uses 26mm diameter objective lenses, which is a given considering its tiny structure.
The lenses are, as usual, fully multi-coated. The reverse Porro prism design uses high-quality glass, therefore, guarantees top tier light transmission and resolution and results in clear, crisp, accurate color images.
Like all other binoculars above, Vanquish gives a waterproof and fog-proof performance as it is also nitrogen purged and O-ring sealed. It offers a field view of 294 feet at 1000 yards, and a close focus of 7.6 feet. The twist-up and lock eyecups are adjustable.
- Vortex Optics’ smallest, lightest and most compact binoculars
- 10x magnification and 26mm objective lenses
- Durable aluminum chassis with full rubber-armored housing and solid textured grip
- Fully multi-coated lenses guarantee an increased light transmission
- Twist and lock eyecups
- Larger diameter objective lens would provide a crisper image
10. Vortex Optics Kaibab HD Binoculars
When the requirement from a binocular is to find difficult-to-locate targets at farthest distances, then 18x magnification and 56mm objective lenses are a must. Kaibab HD is an 18×56 binocular which uses superior optics and ensures premium quality, high-powered optical performance.
To survive in the most rugged environments, it has a non-slip rubber armor, and the lenses are ultra-hard Armortek coated as well. It uses APO optical system which features HD, extra-low dispersion lenses. These premium lenses provide long-range clarity.
They are multi-coated and has XR plus anti-reflective coating on them. These are the best lenses for extraordinary light transmission and real color views. Its focus wheel, multi-position eyecups, and locking right eye diopter provides precise image acquisition, customized eye relief, and maintains optimum focus respectively. Altogether it offers precise functionality. Its Argon purged, and O-ring sealed, thus waterproof and fog proof.
- 18x magnification and 56mm objective lenses
- APO optical system for long-range clarity
- Ultra-hard Armortek lens coatings and non-slip rubber armor
- Smooth focus wheel, multi-position eyecups with customized eye relief and locking right eye diopter
- Argon purged, and O-ring sealed
- Not affordable
We can see everything with our eyes but not literally. We miss a lot of things due to our restricted vision, especially when we are close to nature. It’s dangerous to go close to the ferocious animals, and the meek birds fly away the moment they hear some whimper.
It’s impossible to gaze at the stars with bare human eyes. It’s just a shiny small spot to watch. However, a binocular can change the whole viewing rendezvous. We can see the unseen with it. We only need proper magnification and objective lenses.
The requirements are easy to decide with all the above best Vortex binoculars. Please do not get confused with the features; we have written them in as much detail as possible. So before buying have a glance on our review and then do your own research for getting your perfect binocular. You can be confident about getting a high-quality product, and Vortex offers VIP warranty on them as well.
You May Also Like to Read